When you’re sitting in bed, you might be the person who wants everything readily available at your fingertips or maybe you’re always on the go. No matter where you are and you need to have access to your media, information, games, and more, a laptop is incredibly useful.
But there is a warning or caution for all this. For making the laptop more powerful, lighter, and sleeker, laptop makers have run into heat issues that desktop PCs normally have under control thanks to their powerful fans, size, and ventilation.
When working under a heavy load, graphic cards and processors can get intensely hot. Your laptop’s temperatures are going to skyrocket when working with a high-quality image or gaming with the latest releases and video editing that kicks your graphic cards and processors into high gear.
This is where a laptop cooler helps you out. A laptop cooler can help to provide the extra airflow it may need to take some of the heat off, much like how PCs have multiple fans to help keep them well-ventilated and cooled down.
A laptop cooler’s fans accelerate the process of airflow and make cooling faster and easier as for better airflow normally laptops these days have the means to lift the base slightly. To make sure your laptop looks cooler, stays cool, lives longer, and doesn’t fry and die, as you read on, you will get to see the 15 best laptop coolers.
An Overview-The Best Laptop Cooling Pads Of 2020
There are some features you will need to take into consideration when it comes to choosing a laptop cooling pad. The airflow provided by a cooling pad for your laptop depends upon the number of fans it has. For ease of use of the body design of the cooling pad also helps with laptop positioning. The fan speed and fan sizes, of course, matters a lot.
We will align the current top 10 selling laptop cooling pads then below we give our analysis on some of these based on body design, fans, airflow capacity, and size.
While reviewing these products some of the best things I’ve noted were their height adjustability, number of fans, fan speed and coverage, and body design and dimensions. The height adjustability improves the comfort level of using the laptop as well as adding more space beneath the laptop for further air movement, while the fans play a key part in keeping your laptop cool.
To determine how fast a fan can get the heat off your laptop and get cool air going through the fan speed and size plays a very important role in it. Of course, you will want it to be large enough for your laptop but not too large so as to make the fan coverage ineffective.
You should be able to get a feeling for which one fits your laptop best while reading these reviews. The laptop cooling pad depends on your laptop’s size. Depending on what you do your laptop may get hot, which can help you to decide whether you just need just one huge fan, or two, three, four, or even five.
You need to keep your laptop in mind while you read on. To make sure that the cooling pad you choose fits the laptop, it is important to always measure the length and width of your laptop. You don’t want one that’s too big and certainly not one that’s too small while it’s okay if it’s a little bigger than your laptop.
- ENHANCE Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad – Strictly For Gamers
- Effective and Powerful Airflow: You won’t be found wanting for laptop cooling airflow, with four 70mm fans running at an intense 2630 rpm and with a large 140mm central fan at 1264 rpm.
- A perfect accessory for Gaming Laptops: This is a Master of One, rather than being a Jack of All Trades. It is designed best for powerful 17-inch gaming laptops.
- Designed for Gamers: For the best comfort for gamers, it has three adjustable height levels.
One of the best ENHANCE Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad is one of the best gaming laptop coolers you can find if you’re a power gamer and you’re looking for style and cooling efficiency. To illuminate your gaming laptop(you can also choose blue or green for your LED scheme) the cooling pad comes with stylish red LED lights and to make the cooling pad glow brighter with more power to the fans, the pad can be adjusted along with the fan speeds.
With three adjustable height levels, all with gaming in mind this gaming laptop cooling pad is also ergonomically designed to ensure your hand-wrist comfort while you’re conquering the leaderboards and breaking high scores.
And fans that you get create powerful and effective airflow so that you’ll get a large 140mm central fan and four 70mm corner fans. To keep the laptop cool the central fan runs at 1264 rpm which for its size, will generate quite a gust. Keeping your laptop super cool while you’re gaming hard, the four corner fans contribute immensely as well with each of the fans running at 2630 rpm.
To keep the laptop stable and in place so long as you don’t tilt it to one side or another it does feature two anti-slip hinge flaps while the chassis itself is just a basic rectangle. Compared to single hinge flap designs this makes it more effective.
This laptop cooling pad is best used with 17-inch laptops with its design heavily emphasized for gaming. The cooling won’t be as efficient for laptops of smaller sizes.
This ENHANCE Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad is another mid-range cooling pad. If you have a 17-inch powerful gaming laptop it’s well worth the price for its gaming-focused design. You may want to consider something else on this list if your laptop is of any other size.
- When you buy stylish green, red, or blue LED lighting options.
- Powerful 70mm and 140mm fans.
- For 17-inch Gaming Laptops, it is perfect.
- For good posturing, while gaming and a hand-wrist comfort it has three adjustable height levels.
- For chassis basic rectangular design
- Other sizes may experience varying levels of cooling quality it is severely limited to 17-inch laptops
2. PCcooler Laptop Cooling Pad – Well-Balanced Design
- For Almost All Laptops It Fits Well: It is especially great for the gaming laptop rigs, which are usually 15 to 17 inches in size, this cooling pad is a fit for most laptops, from 12 to 17-inch laptops.
- Fan Coverage: The design encourages hot air to leave out from under the laptop and forces cool air in with four 85mm fans running up to 1400 rpm on each corner and a larger 110mm fan in the center running at 1100 rpm.
- Heights adjustability: It’s really easy to position your laptop for optimal sitting posture and maximized hand and wrist comfort, with six adjustable height settings and anti-skid design.
For fan coverage as well as convenience of use, the PCcooler Laptop Cooling Pad is excellent. This is a good one to consider when you’re looking for a laptop cooling pad that suits comfortably almost all laptop sizes.
With five fans, the fan coverage of the PCcooler is impressive as well, with a larger 110mm in the center and four of them being 85mm. You can even adjust the fan speed on the go as this kind of fan setup provides an even-cooling effect on your laptop.
With the fan adjuster, you can ramp it up when you’re doing some hardcore gaming to keep things cool under pressure, or you can make for a quieter experience by dialing the fan speed down.
To illuminate your setup while you’re gaming, you’ll like how this cooling board features 10 red LED lights. To complement your gaming laptop, it also gives the cooling pad itself a cool appearance. It comes with two USB ports, one for any other USB-devices you’d like to power and another for your laptop to power the fan.
“One of the shining points of this cooling pad is its six adjustable height settings. This can allow you to really adjust your laptop to whatever’s the most comfortable for you, which also helps promote good sitting posture.”
So, they can sometimes get noisy while they’re at it, while the fans on this cooling pad aren’t as big as they could be, especially for gamers whose laptop graphics cards may heat up as there is a combination of features on this cooling pad that makes it a smart choice.
Putting it in the mid-range for cost, the price for this laptop cooler is also quite affordable amongst its competitors on this list. But, it’s quite worth it with its combination of comfort, utility, and style.
- Anti-Skid design.
- Excellent fan coverage.
- Great for gaming laptops, fits almost all laptop sizes.
- Using a lateral bar that works with any surface, it has six adjustable height settings.
- LED illumination.
- During operation can get a little loud.
- The chassis is not large enough to fit large fans as fan sizes could be larger.
3. Kootek Laptop Cooling Pad – Simple Looks, Fantastic Functionality
- Fits Almost Any Laptop: The Kootek works great with almost any laptop out there, including gaming laptops with a size range of 12 inches to 17 inches.
- Super Ergonomic: This laptop cooler is perfect for every user, from the bar support design to the six height adjustments.
- Great Airflow: The Kootek does a great job of keeping laptops cool, with a big 120mm central fan and four 70mm fans.
It’s pretty much a box rectangle, the Kootek Laptop Cooling Pad doesn’t have the greatest look. With its impressive features, it makes up for it. It can handle most laptops from ones for work to larger gaming laptops, fitting any laptop from 12 inches to 17 inches.
It also sports five fans, with four 70mm fans running at a stronger 2000rpm and a large central one being 120mm running at 1000 rpm. Together, these fans getting the cool air where it needs to be and work to help push the heat out efficiently.
Allowing you to either have just the central fan working, the cooling pad also comes with multiple settings for the fans, depending on your cooling needs and fan noise tolerance, the four corner fans running, or all five at the same time.
Design-wise, to keep the laptop in place it has an anti-slip design with two hinge flaps. The two hinge flaps work better to keep it steady on a flat surface versus just a single hinge flap, while it could slide off one side or the other without an anti-skid surface.
With six adjustable height settings for better hand-wrist posture and comfort, the Kootek is quite ergonomic in design. Making it great for lap support, the height adjuster is on bar support and not pegs.
The corner fans put in the extra work to help compensate for this, while the central fan runs relatively slow compared to some of its competition.
It is priced a little on the high-side of the mid-range laptop coolers. It makes for an excellent choice for anyone with hand-wrist comfort issues or anyone who has various uses for their laptops, especially with how adjustable it is.
- Stylish blue LED lighting.
- For all users and comfort levels, it has six height adjustment levels.
- For various cooling needs and noise levels, it has multiple fan settings
- Including four 70mm running at a fast 2000 rpm.
- With faster small fans central fan is a bit on the slow side.
- Rectangle design is basic.
4. Tree New Bee Cooling Pad – Unique Model Design
- Fits Most Laptops: The Tree New Bee is perfect for mid-to-large-sized laptops that often get hot from intensive operating loads and able to accommodate laptops from 12 inches to 17 inches.
- Fan Power and Size: The Tree New Bee sports some good cooling capabilities with sizeable fans for good coverage and fast speed of 1200 rpm.
- LED Lighting and Stylish Chassis: Whether you’re a gamer or just want your laptop to look neat, with unique model design and LED lighting, you’ll enjoy this cooling pad.
Another impressive entry into this list is the Tree New Bee cooling pad. It has boasting four fans with a strong cooling capacity, each fan going at 120mm in size and going at 1200 rpm for speed. Allowing you to use it for laptops of around 12 to 17 inches in size as its size is also good. The two-speed controllers are attached to fans. One of its two USB ports gives power to this cooling pad.
For the adjustment of the height, with roughly 2 inches indifference, it comes with two different height settings, Which can still improve wrist and hand comfort for users.
When You’re trying to raise your laptop’s level but you’re resting it on your lap, as the height adjustment is done with two independent pegs, which can make it a little awkward. For the height pegs to rest on the best thing to do in that case is to use a flat object or a pillow on your lap.
You don’t have to worry about your laptop sliding off, in terms of design, as the cooling pad comes with a non-skid surface. Making it stand out from the more-standard rectangular cooling pads out there and the frame of this cooling pad has a very unique design.
It comes with two USB ports, one for using other devices while the other one for powering the cooling pad. Making it an excellent addition to a gamer’s laptop set up because it comes with blue-green LED lighting for aesthetic appeal.
Making it affordable as well as worth every dollar for its features and functionality, the Tree New Bee lies in the mid-range of pricing. It has one of the most unique designs on this list if you’re looking for a really stylish cooling pad.
- Nylon braided cable
- For strong fan cooling four 120mm fans at 1200 rpm
- Anti-skid design
- For enhanced appeal uniquely shaped frame and colored LED illumination for enhanced appeal.
- From 12 to 17 inches it fits most laptops.
- The back-center of the laptop might not get much air circulation.
- To adjust the height when resting the laptop and cooling pad on one’s lap versus a table can be a bit difficult.
5. Wsky Laptop Cooler – Big On Fans
- USB cable storage Compartment: It’s easy to keep this laptop cooler nice and tidy with a space specifically for stowing your USB cable when you’re done using it or when you need to transport it. Great for those who like to work while on the move and for gamers!
- Great Airflow: Four relatively big 80mm fans and a large 140 mm central fan keeps the heat going out and the cool air coming in.
- Super Ergonomic: This laptop cooler suits virtually any user with seven height adjustments.
Another great entry on this list is the WSKY Laptop Cooler. Capable of supporting laptops from 12 inches to 18 inches in size, it’s one of the larger entries in this list as well. With a large fan being a big 140mm and four fans of 80mm, you won’t have any shortage of coverage or airflow.
The increased size makes up for it as the larger fan runs at a leisurely 1100 rpm. More than making up for any loss from the central fan, the smaller fans run at a fast 2200 rpm. For fan speeds as well as to control the blue LED lights, the cooling pad comes with two adjustment knobs.
With a pretty rectangular shape, the Wsky’s chassis is not anything special, this laptop cooler is still designed with ergonomic comfort in mind. For whatever you’re using your laptop for, it has an amazing breadth of adjustments, with seven adjustable height levels. It is excellent for typists, gamers and movie lovers, it’s sure to accommodate any user for their hand-wrist comfort.
“lso, the Wsky features a neat compartment for storing your USB cable, making it a little neater when compared to most of its competition. And like its competition, it sports two USB ports—one for power to the cooling pad and one for peripherals.”
It might need a little extra something when it comes to rest it on one’s lap because the only true downside to it is that the height adjustment is supported by two flip tabs instead of a bar.
It uses a hinged flap to hold the laptop in place as the Wsky also doesn’t have an anti-skid surface. The hinged flap will keep the laptop in place when on any flat surface, while it means that the laptop could theoretically slide off to the side.
For the mid-range prices, the Wsky is a little on the high-end, Price-wise. It makes it worth it, for its increase in fan sizes. Throw in the fact that, you have a great deal and it is incredibly ergonomic.
- Blue LED lighting for style.
- To suit every user it has seven height adjustments.
- To provide excellent airflow, it has a large 140 mm central fan and four 80 mm corner fans.
- For easy transport neat and tidy design.
- Though the small fans help compensate for this, the larger fan runs at a slower speed.
- Making it not as great for lap support, height adjustment rests on peg flaps instead of a bar.
6. GARUNK Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad – Extreme LED Color
- Suits Many Laptops: Highly suitable for powerful laptops as they are often large, this laptop cooler is excellent for laptops from 14 to 17 inches in size.
- Big Cooling, Big Fans: The coverage and the airflow on this laptop cooler is excellent, with four impressive 125 mm fans. Your laptop will stay cool with this one as 1500 rpm is nothing to laugh at.
- Colorful LED Lighting Setup: You can switch up your visual style all throughout the year, with three LED colors and the ability to choose individual colors or sport all three.
From all the cooling pads on this list, this GARUNK probably has the best-LED lighting setup. You’ve already found your winner if having cool LED lights for your laptop setup is your goal. Below, let’s look at what else makes this laptop cooler a pretty solid choice.
The four fans of GARUNK aren’t small either. Each fan has a speed of up to 1500 rpm with a size of 125mm. You’re getting excellent coverage as well as airflow because they’re both pretty big and fast. The LED lights of cooling pads also look very stylish.
Giving you the power of choice, the LED lighting features red, green and blue LED’s. Choose one, if you want one color. Go for it if you want all three at the same time. While it has two USB ports, it’s all powered by a single USB connection.
It comes at a cost to some of its design, as the GARUNK’s ability to sport four sizeable fans. The chassis is not quite rectangular but nothing too unique either.
You’re getting amazing LED lighting effects that already make up for the chassis, for a less stylish frame. To keep your laptop cool, then you’re getting four powerful fans to do what you really bought this for.
From all the list this one is a more affordable choice in this list. You can get a very effective cooling pad, for its humble price. The variety of light settings give it a flair that most other cooling pads don’t have while it’s frame isn’t the most elaborate.
- With two settings it has an adjustable height.
- It has four different LED lighting settings: Red, Blue, Green and an All 3 combination.
- For 14 to 17 inch laptops it works best.
- Larger 125mm fans that are also fast at 1500 rpm.
- It is hard to rest solely on the lap as height adjustment rest on two pegs instead.
- Fairly regular chassis design.
7. TopMate TM-3 – Fantastic Fan Speeds
- Blue LED Lighting: The LED lights not only works to visually indicate fan speeds but also enhance the visual appeal. And the best thing is there’s also the display screen on the front, too!
- Five Adjustable Height Positions: For varying hand-wrist comfort levels, this cooling pad is highly accessible.
- Five fans with powerful 2500 rpm: Thanks to their size and speed, these fans help to keep airflow strong as well as well-distributed. Their power makes up for it, even with the corner fans being on the smaller side.
This TopMate is one of those laptop coolers in this list that is more fit from the upper-mid to smaller laptops. For playing high-end games or casual entertainment and rendering high-res models, the TopMate is more than capable of cooling for laptops of appropriate size.
The airflow is intense as this cooling pad sports five fans that run at an astonishing 2500 rpm. It has the large 120mm fan for the center, with the four corner fans with the sizes of 65mm. The 2500 rpm easily compensates for the size with increased airflow speed, while the corner fans are relatively small.
To show you information on how your cooling pad is running, the TopMate also features six different speed settings and a screen display. To quickly see what settings your cooling pad is on without having to manually check the screen display is a neat way to see how strong the fans are running. To help show how fast the fans are working, the blue LED lighting also changes in intensity. The faster the fans are working, the lights get brighter.
Giving an aesthetic appeal along with the blue LED lighting, the body design of the pad is certainly unique. With bar support instead of flip pegs, the laptop cooler features five different height positions. It’s great for resting on your lap because of the bar support and makes it highly accessible for any user of any hand-wrist comfort level.
Giving the convenience of not needing a power adaptor, the TopMate is powered by a USB connection, like most other cooling pads.
When you’re looking for great value for your dollar, this laptop cooler lies in the mid-range of price making it a great choice. If you have a laptop that is 17 inches in size, you’ll need to look for a different model as it is important to remember that this laptop cooler is designed for laptops of 12 to 15 inches in size.
- For information on laptop cooler settings, it has a small display screen.
- Blue LED lighting.
- Height adjustable with five settings.
- For optimal airflow, five strong fans that can run as high as 2500 rpm.
- Instead of a non-skid surface, uses a hinged flap to hold a laptop in place.
- Corner fans are smaller than most.
8. Thermaltake Massive With Temperature Sensor – For The Temperature Conscious
The Thermaltake Massive uses a temperature sensor, great for those who like to keep an eye on their operating temperatures and also a display to keep tabs on how hot your laptop is getting.
It also features a control panel for locking your settings and fan control. For casual users as well as light to medium gaming, this makes for an excellent cooling pad.
- For better ergonomics comfort three height adjustment levels.
- Maintain impressive airflow it has two large 120mm fans.
- You can change the fan settings to adapt, the temperature sensor provides feedback on how hot your laptop is getting.
- As it reads external heat and not internal the temperature readout is not entirely accurate.
- Making it not the most convenient for resting on the lap, the height adjustment is done on extended flaps.
9. CM Storm SF-17 – The Biggest Fan
This ergonomic laptop cooling pad is perfect for working in the office, for movie watchers and a wide range of other multimedia tasks.
- Height adjustment base is bar support, having better stability on flat surfaces or great for resting on laps.
- For a tough laptop cooling pad, it has sturdy construction and materials.
- With multiple height adjustments, it has ergonomic design.
- For a cooling pad, it is expensive
- As compared to three, four or five fans single fan setup is not as efficient and not great for gaming.
10. TeckNet Laptop Cooling Pad – Zero Sacrifices For Airflow Coverage
Using the TeckNet Laptop Cooling Pad cool your laptop with five fans with adjustable speeds. There’s no area where airflow is interrupted with a full mesh surface.
This TeckNet is no doubt makes for a great gaming laptop cooling pad. To keep your laptop from slipping, it also comes with a laptop support baffle.
- From 12 inches to 17 inches well suitable for laptops
- For efficient airflow coverage and cooling of the laptop, five fans are enough.
- Stylish blue LED lighting
- The laptop could still slide off one side or the other, making it not great for use on the lap.
- It is not best for resting on the lap as the height adjuster only has two levels and is supported by pegs.
11. Otimo Laptop Cooling Pad – Ergonomic Cooling Pad for Gamers
With one larger central fan and four corner fans, this Otimo has five fans. This cooling pad works great for casual laptop users as well as gamers with excellent airflow and coverage.
Making it excellent for using on a flat surface or on your lap, it also comes with rests on bar support and six height adjustments.
- Great for gamers.
- Suits 12 inches to 17 inches of laptops.
- For ergonomic comfort, six height adjustments.
- For improved coverage and airflow of the laptop, it has five fans.
- The four fans running at 2000 rpm does compensate the central fan runs at a slow 1000 rpm.
- Basic rectangular design.
12. KLIM Wind Laptop Cooling Pad – Quiet Efficiency For Gamers
The KLIM Wind Laptop Cooling Pad is a great gaming laptop cooling pad for all, supporting laptops from 11 inches to 19 inches.
You can rest assured with this cooling pad that your laptop will remain cool as it is powered by four large fans that run at a nice 1400 rpm.
- Supports up to 19-inch laptops.
- Running at 26db, very quiet.
- For excellent airflow and surface area coverage on the laptop, it has four large fans.
- Making it not the best for resting on the lap as height adjustment is supported by pegs.
- Limiting ergonomics as height adjustment has only two levels.
13. Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim – Lightweight And Easy To Carry
With a single large 160mm fan as its cooling solution, the Cooler Master NotePal features an ultra-lightweight and sleek frame.
For casual laptop users and those who use their laptops for watching movies or for work, this cooling pad works well.
- With 15-inch to 17-inch sized laptops, it works well.
- For casual laptop users and movie watchers, 160mm fan works great.
- For different comfort levels, it comes with two height adjustments.
- Not easy for adjusting the height while using it on your lap as a simple hinge peg height adjuster.
- Not the best for gaming as the singular fan is not efficient in the cooling laptop during intensive workloads.
14. Havit HV-F2056 – Good For Gamers
You can expect the Havit to cover your laptop cooling needs, with three big 110 mm fans running at 1100 rpm.
This cooling pad works well for any laptop user, positioned for excellent airflow and coverage, including gaming laptops. It is great for the gaming enthusiast as it’s highly suitable for 15-inch to 17-inch sized laptops. The best thing with this pad is that it comes with two height adjustment levels.
- Stylish blue LED lighting.
- For great airflow and excellent surface area coverage of the laptop, it has three big 110mm fans.
- From sizes of 15 inches to 17 inches it suits almost all gaming laptops.
- To suit all hand-wrist comfort levels, only two height adjustment levels limit ability.
- Making it ill-suited for resting on the lap the height adjustment is supported by pegs.
15. Targus Lap Chill Mat – Top Casual Cooling Pad
For those who like to use their laptop in any comfortable setting or use their laptops for multimedia entertainment and for office work, this Targus Lap Chill Mat is excellent for casual laptop users like them with dual fans for airflow and a comfortable neoprene exterior for user comfort.
- For the anti-skid surface, it has rubber stops.
- While resting it on the lap, it has a comfortable neoprene exterior that makes for comfortable laptop use.
- Lightweight for easy transport.
- From 17 inches and below Compatible with all laptops.
- To keep the laptop cool under casual operation, it has dual fans that work well.
- No height adjustment
- Such as high-end gaming, not the best for intensive workloads.
The Buying Guide
There are some factors you should really consider before buying a cooling pad for your laptop.
Additional Top Features
When looking at cooling pads for your laptop, there are other features that should be considered too. The more of these you can get, the better as these aren’t always guaranteed to be with every model. So take a look at these features and do consider them :
Fan Speed Adjusters:
When fans run at higher speeds, there is more noise, regardless of if you’re using a laptop or a desktop PC. Some people don’t mind it and others can’t bear it.
To see whether you can manually change the fan speed to quiet things down, look for fan speed adjusters on your laptop cooling pads. Fan speed adjusters are especially important for gamers, as the adjusters can help you out to make sure that your fans are running at maximum capacity for max cooling. On the side of your laptop cooling pad, you can easily find these fan speed adjusters usually in the form of wheels or turning knobs.
Ergonomic Design: Height Adjustment
As health issues continue to arise from prolonged use of laptops and computers because ergonomics has become more and more important. To alleviate the risk of developing problems and to help improve posturing as well such as muscle strain and carpal tunnel the hand-wrist comfort is important.
The ability to adjust the height of your laptop or computer devices is one of the ergonomic features that help with this. We’re talking about the laptop cooling pad, in this case. Always do consider about the number of height adjustment levels that a laptop cooling has. The better chance that you will find one that’s right for you, the more levels that it has.
Laptop Placement Holders And Anti-Skid Surfaces
Your laptop suddenly slips off while your laptop is sitting on its cooling pad it’s very inconvenient. As your laptop could get damaged from a fall, it is not only inconvenient but also expensive as well. If your laptop is broken, what good’s a laptop cooling pad?
It is best to make sure you have anti-skid surfaces on your laptop cooling pad if you’re not into performing balancing acts with your laptop and when the laptop cooling pad is elevated your laptop has hinge flaps or rubber stops that keep your laptop from sliding downward.
Some Standard Features
The Size Of Fans
For a cooling pad, the size of the fans matters a lot. The more surface area they have to push air and create airflow, the larger your fans are. For example, as compared to a smaller fan moving at the same speed, even if a 180mm fan is moving slow, it can push a whole lot more air.
You can compensate for the loss of the number of fans with the larger size of fans even they are less in numbers. You can be taken into consideration in place of the number of fans, when you have a very large fan, such as three 120mm fans or a single large 180mm. Efficient cooling can take place, as there’s a balance between number and size.
The Number Of Fans Included
The number of fans your laptop cooling pad has matters a lot. The more aggressive airflow you will get, the more fans you have. Your airflow gets on the surface area of your laptop, as this also improves the amount of coverage.
The more heat gets dissipated, the more surface area covered. While siphoning cool air in more efficiently, with the right positioning, more fans can help funnel hot air out better. So always do pay attention to those fan placements.
Speed Of Fans
Without moving, fans can’t move air. The more airflow your laptop gets, the faster the fans move. In rpm or rotations per minute, the speed of your fans is measured. It’s important to see if there is a balance, though just like the other two standard features about fans.
By measuring efficiency against the number of fans and the fan’s size a fan’s speed efficiency can be judged. For example, the airflow will not be strong enough to mitigate heat quickly, even if you have five fans if they don’t move fast enough. If a single large fan isn’t moving fast enough, heat will accumulate faster than the fan can move it, even if a single large fan might move a lot of air thanks to the surface area.
It really depends on what it is you do with your laptop when deciding on a laptop cooling pad. It might be possible that you’re just a casual internet user and the most you do is exchange emails with family, work associates and friends, check your social media and watch a few YouTube videos. In that case, you could probably settle for something with just one or two fans and you don’t really need a high-end laptop cooling pad.
You probably don’t want to put any stops on how fast your fans go or the number of fans you can get if you’re a gamer. Go wild on the cooling features because intensive workloads on your laptop will absolutely generate more heat.
“The cooling is to help make sure your laptop parts last longer, and the heat doesn’t destroy them. There are many things to consider when choosing a laptop cooling pad, but most important is cooling functionality and performance, followed by ergonomic design.“
While enjoying your laptop devices, the ergonomics is so that your wrists, your back, and your hands don’t suffer. Make sure about yourself and your laptop can be taken care of by your laptop cooling pad that you choose.
You pick the right laptop cooling pad that can be made sure with the help of this guide. You’ll be able to make sure that your cooling pad is able to keep up with your laptop’s specifications as well as the tasks you use your laptop for as long as you take into account the features that I’ve listed in the buying guide.